Welcome to my new blog. It’s about my adventures in trying out Mineral Makeup. I never used to wear makeup, I was never able to find a match, and found putting on makeup way too time consuming. Since discovering Mineral Makeup I have become a total convert. Even to the point of ordering some some ingredients off of TKB to try my hand at formulating!
Here are a few tips that I have picked up:
- sample your booty off, not all MMU is created equal, and neither is skin, what works for some may not work for you and vice-versa.
- Don’t buy the first foundation that matches, you will probably end up with a full jar you never use. Try a bunch of different foundations from different companies before commiting (I’ve done this, see below).
- Sample at least 3 different companies, 3 different colours from each company, and 2 shades from each colour. (read-up on companies on MMU message boards, and blogs to choose the brands you want to try, see the side bar for links) This will save you time and shipping costs, since it is so difficult to tell colours on your computer screen, it’s best to order a tonne of samples.
- If you are stuck, and If you are comfortable with this, post a picture of your self on Mineral makeup Mania, with a request for foundation color help. Or if you are really stuck you can email the MMU company directly for guidance.
- When you’ve sampled yourself silly and found what you think is your HG don’t order a full sized right away, try out a travel sized for a few weeks and see if you feel the same way later.
I’ve tried Everyday Minerals, Meow and Lumiere.
The first foundation I tried was EDM and ended up settling on Multitasking, it wasn’t the perfect match, but being used to buying my makeup at the drugstore it seemed great! Well now that I’ve done a lot more research and more sampling I have found that I can get a perfect color match. Now I feel a bit guilty, I ended up getting the Starter kit (which is a great value at $28, if you can find a match) and now I have two full jars of foundation that is a little too pale….oh well I bet that it will make a good winter color, and I got a few other great products in the kit. BTW I really liked the coverage, it was light to medium and glowy looking. I only with that they would group the colours together better, it’s hard to tell which colour would be a slightly darker version of multitasking.
Next I tried Meow Cosmetics. Because of a really good sale (free shipping, who could resist!) I took a risk and after asking just about everyone for advice I bought a full sized version of Frisky Sphynx in Purrr-fect Puss and a few samples in other colours. Sphynx was a perfect colour match I only wish I would have sampled Flawless Feline because I found the coverage of of Purrr-fect Puss a little light (although now that my skin is starting to clear up a bit, thanks to squalane, it looks like it might be a great choice for everyday wear) I am starting to like it more and more. I love the way that thier website is organized, and they have nice explanation of what thier colors are.
I just ordered some foundation from Lumiere. Their ingredient list for Flawless Face looks so nice! I ended up ordering Beige in Medium-Light. I hope it’s a good match!