…and that means it probably time to invest in some new makeup.
Your skin changes as the seasons change, so with the new seasons, should come new makeup.
This is just a friendly reminder to reevaluate your stash, and take a good-hard look at your foundation color to make sure it still matches your skin tone. 🙂 A good tip is to rub a swatch along your jawline and take a look at it in different lighting.
With spring here, and summer just around the corner, I feel the need to hunt-down some new “spring-ier-cheerful-er” colours Here is my shortlist of wistful stash-enhancers:
- Sizzle Bronzer from Meow minerals- with summer not quite here yet, you might just have to “Fake it until your make it”
- Surfer Cat Bronzer from Meow Minerals, a little more “out-on the town” with a bit more sparkle.
- Veena Velvet foundation and Cashmere foundation by Lumiere. If your updating your “summer colours” why not give these new foundation by Lumiere a try, they sound perfect for the summer.
- Eyeshadows: Exotic Isle, Fawn, Medium Peach Matte, Sunset Beige, and Island Iced Tea
- Brushes: In my opinion Coastal Scents has the best value in brushes, my favourite brush for foundation application is the Italian Badger Brush. They just came out with a wider selection of Italian Badger brushes, and I can’t wait to get by grubby little hands on them especially the Italian Badger Round Crease Brush (only $2.49!) I can’t get over how inexpensive their brushes are! I’ve also been eyeing the Mini Italian Badger Brush Set so that I have a little set to travel with. I know many of you swear by the synthetic brushes, and they are soft, I’ll give you that. But for application I’ve had the best luck with natural bristles, by far.
I can’t wait to try some new, more cheerful summer-time colours and get out of my winter blahs. 🙂
I received my Lumiere pre-buy brush yesterday. I ordered the large flat top brush as a Christmas present for a mineral-loving friend, who has no Lumiere brushes can you believe it, how did she live this long 🙂 !? (i’m glad I thought that well ahead, as I don’t see it listed on the website anymore, although it does seem that there are still a few pre-buy brushes still available including the retractable brush I’ve been eyeing). First impressions are that it seemed a bit smaller than I expected. It is supposed to be bigger than their last buffer brush, that one must have been pretty small though! The handle is a nice matte black, is substantial, and long. The bristles are very soft, but not as dense as my Coastal Scents badger brush. Unfortunately I didn’t get to try it out, as it’s a gift. But I will ask the recipient her opinion when she gets a chance to use it. So far my favourite flat top is the Coastal scents badger brush (and they have it in stock again! I might have to stock up)
I also recieved a free sample of Lumiere’s chashmere foundation in light-medium. This formulation feels super light on the skin. It’s really soft and seems to offer light to medium coverage. I’ve only sampled a swatch on my face, and have yet to wear a full face all day. I’ll give my full opinions when I get to try it out more (I don’t want to try it this close to all of the holiday parties just in case I get breakouts.)
Things sure have been busy in the Lovelygood household, so not much posting (unfortunately). Christmas is soon coming, and Santa is getting a looooong list from me. Here are some highlights for this year’s mineral makeup picks:
- Anything from the Meow Winter Holiday 2007 collection. Especially “claw your way to the top” blush.
- Lumiere Gift certificate – so that I can get more brushes 😉 (like I need more)
- Complete Bath Set in Vanille Abricot from Pittsburgh Street Soapworks <—- I LOVE this scent!!!
- Personal Custom Kit – Mini from Everyday Minerals– I’ve decided that I want Photo album blush, Morocco eyeshadow, Spring pink lip colour, Cherry Fizz lip colour, Pick me up Pink concealer.
- Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream.
P.S. Current SALES!!!:
Exclusive Holiday Savings Event
10% OFF All Orders Over $20
15% OFF All Orders Over $50
20% OFF All Orders Over $75
25% OFF All Orders Over $100
Includes items already on sale!
Sale Ends December 16, 2007
Every order receives 15% off!
Orders over $100 receive 20% off!
Orders over $200 receive 25% off!
Spend $301 or more and receive 30% off!
I’f I don’t get a change to write before the Holidays, everyone have a happy holiday season, and I hope everyone gets all the Mineral Makeup they asked for!